Monday, October 19, 2009

Bath Time with Bebe and Gogo

I have not posted anything for a while... lots going on with the change of seasons and prepping for the newest Thomas family member. But tonight's conversation with Shilo was too precious, too classic and too hysterical to not share. Of course being her mother, I do think she has a great sense of humor and a one of a kind imagination and tonight's bath time conversation proves just that.

I must explain that during this entire conversation Shilo would interject requesting various "hair products" for Bebe and Gog's (IE her Barbies) hair. She would soak, massage, blow dry (with her invisible blow dryer) and then rinse and repeat. This conversation and Barbie Spa Treatment lasted about 30 minutes.



Here is how it went:

Shilo: Um we need to wash Bebe's hair, she has some glue in it, um can you please hand me some of that "Breve" (pointing to the shampoo) so I can soak her hair?

Mama: Breve, now what exactly is breve?

Shilo: Well um we use this to get the glue out of her hair. See all the glue (showing me barbie or excuse me Bebe's hair)in her hair? We need to massage in the breve to get the glue out.

Mama: So this breve, how much is a bottle of that? I mean I am asking because sometimes I get glue in my hair and I hadn't realized that there was such a product to get glue out of your hair.

Shilo: Um well it's like, $40 dollars for one bottle.

Mama: Wow $40 dollars and how long does something like that last? I mean $40 is a lot of money and I want to make sure that it will last a long time if I am going to spend that kind of money.

Shilo: Well it should last you like 40 weeks.

Shilo now moves onto rinsing out Bebe'e hair.

Mama: So you are doing a great job on her hair, is this part of a spa package that you offer because it seems to me that you are doing more than just getting the glue out with the massaging and now the soaking.

Shilo: Um yes, it's part of the spa package that I have. It's really great for your hair.

Mama: And how much does the spa package cost?

Shilo: Oh it's just like $40, its not very much

Mama: So the Breve shampoo cost the same as the spa package?

Shilo: Um yeah, it's just like $40 for both.

Mama: And how long is the spa treatment?

Shilo: Um it's about 27 minutes long.

Mama: 27 minutes for the entire spa treatment?

Shilo: Yes 27 minutes but you have to come back three times.

Mama: Oh really, 3 different times, how come?

Shilo: Well, because you can't really do this all at once. I mean, Bebe is gonna soak here for a week while I do Gogo's hair now. She has to let the "Leve" (the conditioner that she put in Bebe's hair while we have been having our conversation) soak in to really make sure her hair is nice and beautiful.

Mama: So um, the three day treatment is only $40?

Shilo: Yes it's $40.

Mama: Do you pay that up front or when you are done with the treatment?

Shilo: Oh um, you pay before the treatment.

Mama: Does that include a tip?

Shilo: Um no, the tip is not included, you pay that at the end. And that is like $500.

Mama: $500 for a tip.

Shilo: Well yeah, I mean it takes three times! (with hands waving in the air)

Mama: Well, I don't know, I might have to think about that I mean $500 is a lot for tip.

Shilo: Well yeah but its totally worth it.

We then moved on to provide the same spa treatment for Gogo who also had glue in her hair.

I honestly wish I could document and write down every thing that Shilo says and does. She constantly has us laughing, keeping us on our toes and realizing what life truly is about...its the little moments. I can try and put these moments into words, though the words can't truly express the moment that we may have had but, at least we can remember these moments as she continues to grow bigger and bigger every day keeping us entertained and amazing us with her beautiful mind.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to make an appointment at Shilo's Spa, it sounds fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete