and we were bringing her home in this very same outfit
and now here she is, our beautiful brown eyed big girl; so very excited and so ready to be a big sister!This pregnancy has been an easy one very similar to my preganancy with Shilo, and I feel very fortunate for that, not only becuase it makes the whole experience enjoyable but also because when you have one to take care of, well, we just don't have the time to lounge and relax like we did the first time. But, even if that is what I needed to do, honestly, I have had my little helper every step of the way and she would have probably allowed that to a certain extent.
Through this experience, I have watched Shilo grow and mature into such a beautiful little girl. Her kind heart, gentle spirit and overall tender and caring demeanor is truly amazing. Since the day we told her we were pregnant, there was never a sign of jealousy, only signs of love, joy and excitement for her new baby that would be here when Santa comes.
A few weeks ago I actually got a note from her teacher and it said that recently Shilo had been playing with the younger kids in her class, taking care of them and telling her teachers, "I can help them, they are little, they don't know how to play yet, so I will show them."
On another day, there was a new little girl that started in Shilo's class and the teacher's asked Shilo if she would play with her and without hesitation Shilo did, she will take any opportunity to be a helper and a caretaker. She absolutely loves to "love" and I couldn't think of a better attribute for someone who is about to become a big sister. As the countdown has continued over the last several weeks for Shilo's new baby we have been wrapping up all the final details to prepare for baby. The room is done.
Shilo was instrumental in every detail from picking out the furniture and bedding to providing all of her original art work to put on the walls. Its a room that was truly pulled together and decorated with lots and lots of love. We did have some trouble negotiating certain decor due to the fact that Shilo has insisted since day one its a girl in mama's belly (which naturally means pink) and well, we won't know officially until tomorrow but we were able to work that out (phew). And yes, she is still insisting its a girl and she has picked out a pink bib or blanket here and there, but other than that, she created a room that is original, beautiful and perfect for our new little boy or girl.
My next post will undoubdtedly be about how we are doing as 4.5 versus 3.5 and though I know it will be an adjustment, and I know I won't be sleeping much and my house will be a mess and life will be crazy, as it always is when you bring home a new baby. I also know that this baby truly is a miracle and is already loved so very very much so I am prepared for the lack of sleep, the messy floors and an overall chaotic household because honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present; we were able to give Shilo the gift of being a big sister and Ian and I were given the gift of a new baby, I don't think it gets much better than that!
No comments:
Post a Comment