I never thought I would utter those words, I was so certain that we were going to have another girl, we would forever be "team pink" Ian outnumbered by stubborn, independent strong willed women and me loving it yet dreading the teenage years. The years that will be here sooner than I am ready and it will be Ian and his girls teaming up against mama! We were all pretty sure that is what life was going to be for us so much so, Ian has perfected his "mother's/daughter's speech". Well, I am gonna have to brush up on my father/son speech because nature had other plans for us and we have even teams now (with Dori in the middle playing referee) Ian has his princess and I have my prince.
Thatcher Wallace Thomas born Monday December 7, 2009 at 8:20am. He was 7lbs 6oz 20" long, has a full head of dark hair and big beautiful blue eyes (that are still 6 weeks later very blue). He is beautiful, handsome, and perfect in every way just like his big sister Shilo. 
Speaking of Shilo...talk about a girl in love.
She is in love, LOVE, love with her brother. He is all she talks about. He is the first thing she asks for in the morning when she wakes up (she has forgone the milk for her big brother), he is the first thing she asks for when she gets home from school. She wants him to come everywhere with her shopping, swimming, walks, play dates, you name it and he has been there with her. I knew Shilo would be a great big sister, but seeing her love him, talk to him, hold him, cuddle him and embrace him has been such a beautiful thing to see. I hope that it's the beginning of a very long and beautiful friendship between brother and sister. 
So there you have it. Its a boy and we are all in love. And we are embracing team blue! We will keep you all posted on how life unfolds for us with little Miss Shilo Valentine and mister Thatcher Wallace...let the adventure and fun begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment